Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Yo yo yo ga ga

Waaaaaay back in the beginning of this blog, I mentioned a series of possible career paths. One of which was yoga instructor, which I had tossed out for a variety of reasons. #1 was really that I'd have to spend a month in training, and how was that going to work exactly. I thought about it more, and I talked to the husband about it some, and he was all "You mean, I can live the dream of being married to a yoga instructor? Where do I sign?" So in July I'll be in Toronto attempting to survive Moksha's training program.

It's pretty intensive, 6:30am until 8pm daily. There are two hot yoga classes per day. At the moment, I can barely find time to go to one per week. I may shrivel into nonexistence. I've also got a bunch of books to read.

These books are a bit of an issue. They're a little on the hippie dippy side. Ok ok, I am a little bit hippie - but seriously I'm more on the munchies and free love side of the hippie spectrum. Not so much on the achieving nirvana, weaving flowers in my hair and no longer eating bacon side. The first book wasn't so bad, mostly on paying more attention to your body when doing yoga and not straining or autopiloting. The second one is about daily meditations and affirmations. I don't see myself sitting in the middle of the floor and telling myself "There is no spoon" or whatever (I left the book in the bathroom ok??).

No comments:

Post a Comment